Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Manufacturer's ID: 2.DR1X.B.LC
What we say:
Mesa/Boogie is the lifelong work of Randall Smith, a drummer, saxophonist and amp repairman who, in the late 60s San Francisco in the midst of the hippy scene, worked away in his mountain shack perfecting what became the world’s first cascading gain guitar combo. After showing it to Carlos Santana and receiving the comment ‘Man, this thing really Boogies!’, Smith released the first Mesa/Boogie amp, the Mark I. Always the innovator, he also invented the world’s first channel switching amp (the Mark II in 1980) and redefined high gain distortion for everyone in 1991 with the game-changing Dual Rectifier.
Since then Smith and his team at Petaluma, California have continued to innovate and produce completely hand-made amps-as-instruments that lead the way in terms of tone, build quality, vision and possibility.
Even since those first enormous chords of ‘Enter Sandman’ crunched throughout the galaxy, the Dual Rectifier has sat on the highest throne of the High Gain Empire. This is the apotheosis of Randall Smith’s famous ‘cascading gain’ circuitry invention: with one guitar it is possible to get huge amounts of quality high gain distortion and sustain that completely fills up the sonic space.
The Dual Rectifier has huge amounts of attitude and hard-rock swagger but that’s only part of the story: this newly redesigned model has a tweaked clean channel: its two modes (selectable from a mini-toggle), Clean and Pushed are based on the Lonstar and the Mark V respectively. This is as well as getting the definitive High Gain sound in two iterations of Raw and Modern!
Each channel on this 100w all tube head is switchable to 50w so you can have the best of both worlds when it comes to clean headroom and natural compression. Comprehensive speaker outs and external switching allow for a very ‘useful’ amp and the footswitch has a host of the most immediate functions included.
For those looking for that enormous Rammstein crunch, this is most definitely the place to be: for those looking for a host of world-class tones including one of the most famous distorted sounds of all time, this is also most definitely the place to be!
- Multi-Watt (tm) channel assignable powerMulti-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp allows you to assign either 2 or all 6 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 150 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/150 Watt Power Switches / 6x6L6 (or 6xEL-34), 5x12AX7, 3x5U4
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34) • Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 8 modes (Channel 1 = Clean or Pushed, Channel 2 & Channel 3 = Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
- Each Channel features: Multi-Watt Power Switch (50/150 Watt), Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with RectoTracking™
- FX LoopFootswitchable or Completely Bypass-able Fully Buffered FX Loop with Send Level Control
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control
- Bold/Spongy “Variac” Switch
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Tuner Output w/Footswitchable Mute
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 2, 3 (Ch 1 is default), Solo & FX Loop
- External SwitchingNew 3x3 - 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Top Row: Tuner Mute, FX Loop & Solo)
- Slip Cover
- Head (Width 25 1/2”)
Order before 12PM for FREE Delivery Tomorrow