BOSS DB-90 Dr Beat Metronome
Order now for Delivery on Monday
Manufacturer's ID: DB90
What we say:
The BOSS DB-90 is the latest in a long and successful line of ‘Dr Beat’ metronomes. Most musicians understand how important a metronome is to building good timing (a factor which, more than anything else, separates the pros from the amateurs) and, as usual, BOSS include plenty of features and innovations.
More than a mere metronome, the DB-90 provides drum patterns, multiple metronome sounds, a reference pitch for tuning your guitar, a mic for playing along with acoustic instruments and more!
The design is clearly laid out and features plenty of buttons and sliders to work with. There is even a MIDI input for syncing up to other pieces of equipment like sequencers! Impressive!
Use the built-in speaker or connect headphones to monitor the metronome pulse. Mix elements of the drum patterns with the five mini-faders on the front, and tap in your preferred tempo via the ‘tap tempo’ button.
The features and performance of the DB-90 is outstanding and goes some way to make this otherwise humble metronome a pretty indispensable piece of kit for all guitarists!
- Quick rhythm customizing with Note Mixing function, dozens of play-along drum patterns also built in
- Dedicated sliders, buttons, rotary dial, and large backlit LCD for user-friendly operation
- 4 metronome (including human voice) sounds
- Reference Tone function makes it easy to verify tuning by ear
- Practice with the Rhythm Coach by connecting a V-Pad (optional) — rubber pads and acoustic drums can also be detected via built-in mic
- Direct connection with guitar and bass, plus headphone monitoring
- Footswitch control for hands-free play/stop, and MIDI input for sync to external sequencers
The Note Mixing function allows you to instantly create a variety of beats by adjusting the levels of five different note values. Front-panel sliders, buttons, and a large rotary dial provide instant, hands-on access to edit parameters. Select four different click sounds, including a human voice-counting sound that will help you know your place in the bar. The DB-90 is also equipped with realistic PCM drum patterns, for developing your accuracy and rhythmic feel effectively.Plug Into Rhythm Coach
Expand your rhythmic horizons with Rhythm Coach. This innovative follow-along feature has four training modes to help build your accuracy, speed, and endurance. With the DB-90’s onboard microphone, you can use the Rhythm Coach functions with acoustic drums, or plug a Roland V-Pad into the Trigger input. Play along, and chart your progress.Many Uses
Drummers can connect to the DB-90 via Roland V-Pads or the internal microphone. Guitarist and bassist can directly plug into the DB-90 without any other gear required, and monitor via connected headphones — practically any type of instrumentalist can benefit from the DB-90’s features. And for those who wish to sync to an external sequencer for more elaborate accompaniment, they can do so with the DB-90’s MIDI input. This stage-oriented feature is especially useful for drummers.Inputs + Outputs
- TRIG IN jack
- START/STOP jack
- MEMORY UP/DOWN jack
- MIDI IN connector
- PHONES jack x 2 (Stereo 1/4" phone type, Stereo miniature phone type)
- INPUT jack
- AC ADAPTOR jack
- DB-90 Dr. Beat
- Dry Battery (6LR61 (9V) Type)
- Soft case
- Owner's Manual
- Boss nut (M8)