Manufacturer's ID: 140163700
What we say:
Fender’s Classic Series is a wide range of guitars built in Mexico in tribute to certain key periods of Fender’s history: the guitars that made history. More exclusive than standard ranges but more affordable than US built guitars, Fender Classics occupy a special place in the heart of many guitar players coming through the ranks from intermediates to professionals looking for great value vintage-themed instruments.
This Classic Series take on the 60s Jazz Bass is fantastic. Fender have gone one step further with this particular model by treating it to an authentically vintage nitrocellulose finish. This makes a large difference to the look and feel: nitro has an unmistakable touch and sheen, one that ages gracefully and tastefully in ways that musicians really appreciate.
This 60s reissue bass has a lovely thin neck with a vintage 7.25" radius Pau Ferro fingerboard. The fretwire is narrow vintage gauge and the back of the neck is gloss finished. It's a great blend of vintage feel and superb playability.
The two Jazz pickups are vintage voiced alnico units that are full of great low output tone, just like classic Jazz basses. Match this up with the classic 3 Tone Sunburst Finish & Tortoiseshell pickguard and you have a very attractive proposition indeed.
- Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Maple neck with "C" profile
- 7.25"-radius pau ferro fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets
- Dual vintage-style single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Vintage-style four-saddle bridge
- Tortoiseshell pickguard
CLASSIC VINTAGE STYLING
Pure and simple, this instrument features classic vintage styling that evokes and honors the timeless Fender basses that came before it in the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s. From the rear strap button to the top of the headstock, it’s the very essence of classic vintage Fender bass design.
A major part of the vintage-style sound, look and appeal of this bass is its vintage-style pickups, which deliver pure bass tone, power and performance evoking the great Fender basses of the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it’s a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Vintage Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Standard Vintage Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045-.100 Gauges)
- Other Features: True Vintage Styling, Synthetic Bone Nut
- Legal Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag: Tweed Case
Order before 3PM for Delivery Tomorrow
Includes extended exchange
Buy with confidence: Items bought 1st October 2019 to 24th December 2019 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Friday 31st January 2020. Learn More