Order now for FREE Delivery on Friday
The STANDARD SERIES is really the foundation of the entire line of Martin guitars. Historically every instrument we build today has evolved, in some degree, from these classic Ma... read more
Share this product
The STANDARD SERIES is really the foundation of the entire line of Martin guitars. Historically every instrument we build today has evolved, in some degree, from these classic Martin designs, especially the Dreadnought. The large “Dreadnought” sized body, originated by Frank H. Martin and Oliver Hunt in 1916, is the most widely imitated guitar model in the world. Since its introduction in 1931, the Martin D-28 has remained the standard by which all large-bodied, steel-stringed acoustic guitars are measured. Standard Series guitars feature solid wood top, back and sides, polished gloss finish and hand-fit dovetail neck attachment.
In great condition with no obvious signs of use. The action is set slightly higher than standard.
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: White
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Clear
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear